Monday, February 15, 2010
Sick sick sick!
Well I'll start this post by recapping my past week - I've been horribly sick! I wasn't feeling too great Tuesday night but it wasn't anything horrible, and then I woke up on Wednesday and I had been hit hard. I had a horrible sore throat, body aches, headache, and was feeling generally awful. I tried to get up and take a shower but it wasn't helping, so I called in sick spent the day in bed and on the couch feeling miserable. I had no energy and John called around lunchtime and we decided I should make a doctor's appointment. He was nice enough to do it for me and actually drove home around 2 to take me to my appointment, which thank goodness he had the chance to do because I don't think I could've driven myself. I got into the room and the nurse was taking my vitals - she took my temperature and was said "oh my goodness Jennifer" and I looked down and it said 102.2!! She went out and actually got a mask for me to wear because obviously I was sick, but it kind of scared me because that's never happened before! The doctor did a strep test and a flu test, and we had to wait for the results which took quite awhile. Poor John was in the waiting area and after they'd taken the flu test I asked if they could get him to sit with me and they did, which made me feel better at least emotionally. Both the tests came back negative, so they assumed it was some other viral infection and told me to just treat the symptoms and take tylenol/advil to lower my temperature and drink lots of fluids. I was in a lot of pain and very uncomfortable on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Friday night I was feeling a bit better but my throat was still very sore. John even bought me a humidifier to help with my sore throat. We had been planning for the John Mayer concert on Friday for months because it was our Valentine's Day present to each other, so I was trying to do everything I could to get better in time for it. We went out for dinner at Kalamata and eating did give me a boost because I had had no appetite for the past few days. I also got a smoothie at Orange Julius which was soothing on my throat. The concert was amazing (I'll do that post next) but it took a lot out of me. The next day, Saturday, I was back to feeling bad again and was taking my alergy meds to stop the post nasal drip which I thought was causing the sore throat. I also tried a Neti pot for the first time to clean out my sinus - it was definitely interesting and I think it did work. I was drinking tons of fluids and trying to rest - I felt bad for John because we did NOTHING on Saturday except watch the Olympics and stay home. Finally on Sunday I felt a big difference in terms of my sore throat which was really the worst part - just in time for Valentine's Day! Today, President's Day, I have the day off so I've been catching up the blog and I'm definitely feeling better - my throat's still a little sore but I think it's just residual from all the pain last week. Whew - glad to be on the other side of that virus!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment