Monday, February 8, 2010

Lately...

Over the weekend I went to the Bridal event all over downtown Royal Oak with Kim, who's getting married in May! It was so much fun and unlike any other bridal event I'd ever heard of or been to - businesses all over downtown were participating and giving tons of things again, it was nothing like a typical bridal convention with booths set up. We got free coffee, makeovers, wine tasting, tons of cake and food samples, and lots of coupons without paying a DIME. We also got to do a photobooth, which you can rent for your wedding guests, and we each got a copy of the pictures. It was really great and I actually went into a ton of stores I'd never been to and found some great ones that I'll definitely be going back to.

I've had a lot of junior league meetings/dinners and we're planning a fundraising event at Commune in downtown RO, so I'm looking forward to that. John and I went to see TONS of movies in the last month because someone I work with at Motor is also a manager at a movie theater and had tons of passes that were going to expire in February so the months of December and January were packed with free movies! We loved it because we're big movie fans. We went to see:
Up in the Air

It's Complicated
Sherlock Holmes

Nine

Leap Year

Edge of Darkness

The Book of Eli
When in Rome


I may even be forgetting one or two! It was great. Other than that it's been pretty quiet around here, just working and cooking and watching our TV shows like the Bachelor (Jake the pilot!) and American Idol. I'm gonna end with a picture from our balcony a week or two ago - beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment