Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I have really gotten into the change of seasons here and am embracing fall. We carved pumpkins last weekend for Halloween - it was fun!






My pumpkin - a bat sitting on top of a pumpkin



John's pumpkin


On Sunday I had my first volunteering event with the Junior League - Pumpkin Patch in downtown Birmingham. It's an event we organize for children to play Halloween themed games and arts & crafts. It was a lot of fun & I loved seeing all of their costumes! I worked at a station where we made "spider pops" - you take a Tootsie pop and wrap pipe cleaners around the lollipop to make spider legs, then glue eyes on.






Spider pop station :)


Almost all of the leaves have fallen now, so I took one last picture on my drive home from work on Tuesday.




On Halloween morning I made cinnamon buns with orange icing - delicious! I always seem to wake up before John on Saturday mornings and he's always waking up to breakfast! Must be nice ;)





Halloween night we went out to dinner with our friends Mike & Michele - they had come over to our place on Friday night and we played with the idea of going to a haunted house or hayride but it was rainy and cold so we just hung out. We had a good time with them at dinner and something really funny happened - Mike asked to see John's Clemson class ring so John handed it over & Mike was admiring it and was about to hand it back and accidentally dropped it in his lasagna - sooo funny!





After dinner we went over to Michele's apartment to change into our costumes - John and I went as a cowboy/cowgirl. I loved John's costume - he wore my jean jacket and it just barely fit him which was funny.








Michelle dressed up as a bee and Mike was a blind referee





We headed over to a Halloween party with a bunch of people on our kickball team and had a really good time - you can see some of the guys & girls below.








Tonight we have our semifinal kickball game to determine if we're in the finals - we're undefeated so far so we'd especially love to win tonight! We had a great Halloween and we're starting to get used to how cold it's gotten - brrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment