Friday, November 27, 2009

Our First Thanksgiving

John and I had a wonderful first Thanksgiving together. I woke up around 8:30 to make blueberry muffins and watch the Thanksgiving Day parade - I was able to get John out of bed around 9:15 to watch it with me!





Then I started cooking around 12:00 and stayed busy until we ate! I made my first turkey, homemade stuffing, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, rolls, and cranberry sauce. I was so proud of my first turkey - it was very moist and not all dried out!



We thought this was kinda funny :)



Stuffing the ladybird



Ready to go in the oven



4 hours later



The spread



Yummm



Our mini pumpkin pie



Tiny piece of pie!


After we ate and lounged a bit with full tummies, we got ready to go over to Pat & Nancy's house to hang out and make a little gingerbread house. It was a lot of fun to hang out with Nancy's family and get a bit of family time on Thanksgiving! We have a ton of leftovers and will be eating them for days for lunch & dinner I'm sure. We definitely missed our families but look forward to seeing most of them around Christmastime.

No comments:

Post a Comment