Saturday, October 24, 2009

Autumn in Michigan

There is definitely a difference between autumn in Michigan vs. South Carolina. For one, October up here is much colder! But a positive is that it's also a lot prettier - the trees are changing color and the leaves are falling, and I always want to take pictures of them! There is a park behind our condo complex that is really pretty right now and I took these pictures on my way home from work the other day.








On a side note, John and I went to see The Invention of Lying on Thursday evening in Birmingham and it was really funny. When we got there we were the only ones in the little theater, so I took a picture of course :)





Today we went to the Royal Oak farmers market, which has become our Saturday morning tradition.




We got tomatoes, onions, peppers, and of course John got some fresh salsa (his favorite). As we were walking out, I had to get a picture of the trees across the street at the library - love the changing colors!





After the farmers market and lunch at Cheeburger Cheeburger (yum!), we headed over to pick out our pumpkins at another local market.














We didn't end up getting any pumpkins there because they were super expensive! So we went to Trader Joe's to do a little shopping and they actually had great pumpkins there for half the price. We also got some gingerbread coffee for the holidays :) Here's a picture of the pumpkins we got, which we'll be carving soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment