Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Trip to New Jersey

We're back from our trip to New Jersey and we loved spending time with dad and going out on the boat. We drove half way on a Thursday and spent the night in the middle of Pennsylvania before driving the last 4 hours or so to Mt. Laurel. The car ride was nice because we had our book on tape and it was a nice change of pace to have a third passenger with us :)








Day 2 in the car: are we there yet?


How he spent most of the drive - passed out in the backseat. Must be nice!

We arrived on Friday around 1pm and had lunch with Suz and got our luggage unpacked. Dad was luckily able to come home a bit early and so of course we drove over to ramp to put the jet ski in, which I drove (with my hubby on the back) over to meet dad and Suz at the boat. We spent the afternoon cruising around and then docked the boat over at a restaurant on the Delaware river for dinner. It was a lot of fun and I really wish I could do that more often!


John's first turn on the jet ski Friday afternoon




Look at my sexy husband!

Saturday we spent almost the whole day on the boat - John and I both got to play around on the jet ski and we docked in a little cove and my dad grilled lamb chops for lunch! Delish. We floated around on floats for awhile and enjoyed the beautiful weather before heading back.


End of the day - driving back to the harbor




I jumped on to enjoy our last tandem cruise for awhile




Closing up the boat on Saturday night

We drove home all day Sunday and were home with enough time for John to get prepared before his big first day or work on Monday. It was a wonderful way to enjoy our last free days together and I just wish we lived closer so we could see them both more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment