Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Our first party

So John and I had a party at our place for the first time last weekend - it was so much fun! We had Tom & Caroline, Kim & Keith, Mike & Michelle, and Sarah & Jill. I made mom's famous petite biscuits and had chips & salsa, pretzels, and peanut M&Ms. I wish I had taken pictures of the food and everything before people got there but I had JUST finished cooking when people started to get here. We watched some Red Wings on TV for a little while and then played Catchphrase and Scattergories - a great time was had by all. There was one funny related story though - we were in Kroger shopping for some of the party supplies and I saw they had a huge chocolate bunny, which I thought would be hilarious to get for the party as a "centerpiece". Well John was not amused and thought it was a huge waste of money. It was $9.00. I thought it was worth it and a standoff ensued. Needless to say... I won. And it was a huge hit. Score one for Jen!! And the best part is that we never ended up eating any of it, (I originally thought we'd all share it at the party) and we returned it and got our money back, so John was happy too :)



The chocolate offender


On Saturday morning, before the party, we went to the farmer's market in Royal Oak (a Saturday tradition) and I had to share this picture I took outside the library. There is a fountain and statue there that are just kind of bizarre and the first time John and I walked around Royal Oak after we had moved here I remember we saw it and were just sort of perplexed by it, so enjoy!






Is this statue intended for some sci-fi movie set? What does it have to do with a small suburb of Detroit? Please help.



Just liked this - the oak motif is found all over Royal Oak

1 comment:

  1. "The Chocolate Offender" literally made me laugh out loud. Love it! But I do sort of feel bad for the person who bought that bunny and actually ate it after you had all palmed it...

    ReplyDelete