Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mom and Lindsey come to visit!

We were so looking forward to my mom and Lindsey coming to visit and us getting to give them a tour of the area. They arrived Thursday night (July 23rd) and we had some of mom's favorite Benito's pizza for dinner :) We had it when she and the Segars helped us move in and everyone loved it. On Friday John had to work, so I went to lunch with mom and Lindsey at Cafe Via - it was delish and we sat on the outdoor back patio, very swanky. We drove around and I gave them a tour of Royal Oak and Birmingham and then I took them to Somerset, a huge, high-end mall and we walked around and window shopped. After John got off work we went to a Tigers game, Detroit's professional baseball team, versus the Chicago White Sox.











It was great - Detroit won - and since it was a Friday night they had a fireworks show afterward!





On Saturday we drove up to Frankenmuth, Michigan's "Little Bavaria", and walked around and looked at the shops.




After lunch at the Bavarian Inn, we drove to Orchard Park for a large art fair there. It was nice to walk around and enjoy the day - art fairs are really popular in Michigan and my mom and I had always enjoyed them back in South Carolina too.




After the fair we headed home and I cooked dinner. That night mom and I went to a movie (the new Harry Potter - yes, we're dorks) because Lindsey was tired and John wasn't feeling well, so we got to enjoy some mother-daughter time. On Sunday we went to church and then to lunch at the Black Lotus, which is a great local micro-brewery about 5 minutes from our apartment. After lunch we went over to Pat & Nancy's so mom and Lindsey could visit with them and the Frees. It was a lot of fun and we spent the day at the pool and had a great dinner there. Mom and Lindsey left on Monday and it was sad to see them go, but we'll hopefully see them in October when we go to visit for a Clemson game!

No comments:

Post a Comment