So it's been FOREVER since I updated and I feel so guilty!! Time to kick it into high gear and post a quick update... I've been working at Aerotek in an internal HR role since September 2010 and LOVE it! I can't believe it's been almost a year, time has really flown by. John has been with McKesson since August 2010 and we have settled into our career and are hoping it will be a jumping board to get us back down south!
Our Charlie baby has gotten so big - he's a year and a half and I just can't believe we've had him since he was only 12 weeks old... this must be what it feels like to have a baby ;)
I got an iPhone and am OBSESSED... I don't know WHAT I did before I got it! I also got glasses - I reallllly needed them for distance vision, driving, and watching TV without squinting, so I'm very happy that I finally got them.
John is on motorcycle number four now... his first was a Black 1982 Yamaha Virago 920, which he traded for a Red 1982 Yamaha Virago 750. He sold/traded that one for a Black 1980 Honda CM400 (to a hippie from Ann Arbor with a tasseled jacket and a title that smelled like weed...) and he sold that one so that he could buy the one he really had his eye on... a Yellow (ew) 2000 Suzuki Savage 650. He has by far worked on this last one the most - painted it black (yay), replaced a bunch of stuff, and really enjoyed spending afternoons working on it.
In May we went home for a week, which was fantastic. We spent a few days in Charleston at Matt & Taylers house enjoying the beach and great restaurants :) Then on to Greenville to visit with my mama and Linds, and lastly Bishopville for Creighton's high school graduation. I had a great and memorable visit to Bishopville - it's such a calming place for someone that has such an active brain! Emma treated me to a pampered day in Columbia - a facial/massage at the spa, a delicious lunch, a bit of shopping. She treated me to a (generous) sursie of an adorable Lily Pulitzer t-shirt!
In June we went for a quick long weekend trip to PA for Lauren's wedding and visit with my dad and Suz.
About a week later Johns parents came to visit us for the first time since they helped us move up here over 2 years ago!! We had a great visit with them - we went to a Tigers game, hung out at the Rochester Brewery with Mike and Heather, and then spent the majority of our time up in my fave, fave, favorite town in Michigan-- Leland! We also did some wine tasting in Traverse City - love it!!
Since they left we've had a break and have spent a majority of time planning the trip we booked back in the end of March..........
ITALY!!!!!!!!
I can't believe we're actually going! I have ALWAYS wanted to go and it is a dream come true! It's been like pulling teeth to get John involved - I am positive he's only in this for the food :) But I am just dying to take in all the sights, sounds, and smells (hopefully good ones!) of the beautiful country. We leave on August 31 from Detroit and get into Paris for a quick layover before we arrive in Venice!! I'll be sure to update with a post on our itinerary shortly ;)
So that's just a quick update and I am promising myself I'll be much better about updating!











No comments:
Post a Comment