Saturday, January 9, 2010

Winter Wonderland

It has been quite snowy in Detroit - we've had flurries every week for the past 3 weeks. Even though it's been snowing there has been very little accumulation since it's cleared so quickly or it's melted - that is, until two days ago. We had a pretty heavy snow on Thursday starting around lunch time and it was starting to accumulate by the time I left work - about 2 inches already on my car (fun to clean off!) I took a picture of the park behind our apartment on my way to work Friday morning to show the difference between the fall and now.

Before
:



After
:




Here's a picture of the pretty snow on the trees outside my office building.





When I got home from work, there were icicles on our building's awning - crazy!






Today John and I got bundled up and went to try and build a snowman in the park but the snow wasn't thick or wet enough - we couldn't make anything larger than a snowball unfortunately, but we still had fun! John was pretty amazed that we had a foot of snow to play in :)









John's footprint - deep snow!






Cool waffle-looking snow on the jungle gym



































Lastly, this is a pretty tree in our complex - perfect for a Christmas tree lighting I think!



No comments:

Post a Comment