Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First days of work and busy cooking

I had my first days of work at Motor - it went really well and more than anything I'm so glad to be busy and not sitting at home! I've been working on Porsche projects and training as I go. Something funny/exciting happened to John today, but first I need to give some background information. About a month or so ago we went to Chipotle for lunch (it's like Qdoba or Moes, but better), and they had a fishbowl to drop a business card in for a chance to win and prize and John was excited and said "this is the first time I've ever been able to do this!" Today Chipotle called him and said he had won a tray of burritos for his office! He's a lucky guy :)


We went to play golf with Kim & Keith on Saturday and got to see their puppy Hank - so cute!




Pics of John playing golf:








When we got to the pro shop to pay, the grandmotherly woman who worked there gave us free squash from her home garden. They were huge!! After golf we went to Buffalo Wild Wings and had a great dinner. Sunday we ran some more errands and cleaned and organized the apartment, and for dinner I made some dee-lish steak and shrimp fajitas with lime-silantro sour cream and refried beans!



Of course had to enjoy a Corona with it :)


I cooked a stuffed squash last night for dinner
- take a look!









chopping up a pepper









Finished product! Stuffed with sauteed peppers, herbs, and cheese


We have been wanting to take a trip to Chicago ever since we moved up to Michigan and since we both have Labor day off it seemed that this weekend was as good a chance as any. We are going to stay Saturday and Sunday night and we're really looking forward to it. Everyone here has such great things to say about Chicago and have had a lot of recommendations about what to do and see. We did already get tickets to see Second City, a famous comedy group in Chicago that is known for producing Saturday Night Live cast members. Stay tuned for Chicago pictures next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment